Saturday, March 5, 2011

Why I started this blog.

I thought I would provide a brief explanation
as to why I started this blog.  Some time ago
my wife and I purchased 80 acres of aspen
parkland and slough that was part of her family's
farm. It is our plan to construct a cabin there this
summer.  So I purchased a better camera and
started a blog to record this process for family.
However since I had the blog and camera
I decided to start blogging now.

The cabin will go on a natural clearing overlooking
a series of sloughs.







We have some farm land but mostly it is aspen parkland.
There should be abundant wildlife there including coyotes,
wolves, black bears, beavers, porcupines, deer, moose,
bald eagles, turkey vultures, etc.  We are really looking 
forward to getting the cabin built this year so we can spend
time there in the future. Hopefully I can get some
wildlife photos that are not magpies and jackrabbits
for a change.





"It’s all I have to bring to-day,
This, and my heart beside,
This, and my heart, and all the fields,
And all the meadows wide."


                                        Emily Dickinson

                                                                                 
                                     

No comments: