Sunday, December 11, 2011


Well today we had another round of snow falling gently and steadily
through the day. I took my camera along on a trip to the library with
my overdue book. Because I seemed to be engulfed in a grey blanket
the world became more enclosed, held to a smaller compass, more
charged with detail. As always in this situation I remembered the
experience of mole and rat in the Wild Wood.

"The Mole would not have known that it was the same wood. However,
they set out bravely, and took the line that seemed most promising,
holding on to each other and pretending with invincible cheerfulness
that they recognized an old friend in every fresh tree that grimly and
silently greeted them, or saw openings, gaps, or paths with a familiar
turn in them, in the monotony of white space and black tree-trunks
that refused to vary."

                                                     The Wind in the Willows
                                                          Kenneth Grahame




Mid way through this particular journey of
my life I saw an ominous sign.


And sure enough when I got home I found that
Jadis, the White Witch had been by..






"The Queen let another drop fall from her bottle on to the snow,
and instantly there appeared a round box, tied with green silk
ribbon, which, when opened, turned out to contain several pounds
of the best Turkish Delight. Each piece was sweet and light to the
very centre and Edmund had never tasted anything more
delicious. He was quite warm now, and very comfortable.

                                                                  The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
                                                                                    C.S. Lewis



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Grand post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Every shot is pretty. I guess your snow season has started.

Guy said...

Hi Gary

Thnak you Gary, I always love your blog.

Regards
Guy

Guy said...

Hi Sandy

Yes we are in our second week so I guess winter is here this time.

Regards
Guy

kerrdelune said...

Loved this post - the images in the snow, and then the sublime words. As fast as the snow falls in town here this year, it seems to melt, and I am missing it. The world always seems new after a snowfall.

Guy said...

Hi Cate

Thanks for your kind words. I do like to take a walk on a weekend morning when it is snowing. Everything is freshly painted and the city is normallly still with all the noises muted. It is as close to the peace of the contryside as you can experience in the city.

Guy

Kathie Brown said...

Guy, I love this post! how did I manage to miss it originaly?

Kathie Brown said...

Guy, I love this post! how did I manage to miss it originaly?

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

I am glad you liked it.

It was fun to do.

Guy