Friday, October 12, 2018

Heading Home Red Deer River crossing

"Do not think for one minute it is the Poem that matters.
Is is not the Poem that matters.
You can shove the Poem.
What matters is what is out there in the large dark
and in the long light,
Breathing."

from Let Me Make This Perfectly Clear
by Gwendolyn MacEwen


I am not sure who if anyone other than the occasional friend or family member checks in here, but I thought I would mention I am have cataracts at present, which means taking and processing photos is a bit more of a challenge. One solution is that they might become more processed i.e. brighter, with a bit more garish colours. (which I am starting to like) 

Despite this I have a backlog of photos I want to work through and they fall within two parameters. Photos taken at the cabin, and photos taken on drives, many from a moving car, on the drive home from the cabin. Helen and I love the landscape of southern Saskatchewan and Alberta and if we had not chosen the Parkland as a location for the cabin (or if it had not chosen us) we might have picked the rolling landscape of the Canadian prairie, (which will be the focus of those photos called Heading Home), as the spot for our cabin.


No comments: