Sunday, April 27, 2014


"APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding 
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing 
Memory and desire, stirring 
Dull roots with spring rain. 
Winter kept us warm, covering 
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding 
A little life with dried tubers."

from The Waste Land
 T.S. Eliot

This weekend we curtailed our planned
activities as there was snow in the forecast,
while it did snow Saturday it melted as fast 
as it fell and today is lovely. However I was 
able  to get some more work done in the 
basement and while the majority of the books
 remain to be shelved I found some that I greeted
as old friends and others unread that I have 
yet to meet.






"When will I be most myself?
I remember what my father told me.
In my sleep it's never winter.
He was just past fifty then."


  from Something About The Trees
      Linda Pastan

2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Guy, love the peeling bark and, of course, the poetry! I hope you are well and happy up there in that cold north with its reluctant spring!

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

We are doing well, more snow last weekend, but the end is in sight the Victoria Day weekend is May 19 and it rarely snows after that.


Regards
Guy