Sunday, September 9, 2012


"For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. 
For nature it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad."  
Edwin Way Teale  
Autumn Across America, 


This weekend we could not make it to 
the park so these photos are from last 
weekend. Fall was in the air and the leaves.


Shaun



and Wendolene were in fine form.



The were few ducks and ducklings left.





And a small flock of Pine Siskins had joined 
the Waxwings.










"The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on."

Autumn 
  Emily Dickinsen


4 comments:

Julie G. said...

Lovely autumn post! My how the summer passed quickly. The wonderful dog photographs put a big smile on my face. Stunning images and quotes in this beautiful post, as always!

Guy said...

Hi Julie

Yes as always summer seems to fly by and the first signs of autumn; which I normally notice in August when the birds start gathering; always catches me by surprise. I am glad you liked the dog photos they were really posing that day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Guy

Kathie Brown said...

Cute dogs. I love the poems! No signs of autumn here in the desert...yet!

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

Good to hear you don't have fall yet, it will give you time to settle in. Yes the dogs specialize in cute.

All the best.
Guy