Wednesday, February 15, 2012


These pictures are from Tuesday we had a bit
of snow so I took my camera to work and walked
around the Research Park to see what I could see.
My camera has been acting up recently it is a  
Canon Rebel T2i and I normally use a zoom lens
(ef-s 55-250 mm) but it seems to have a problem
with the auto focus if I point it at the sky or a distant
landscape with nothing in the foreground it whirs
in and out but never allows me to take a picture,
then if I point it down it will take a picture. You will
be relieved to know I do not intend to blog my photos
of my feet. Maybe a sensor problem?

The park was nice a very blue sky and
plants bejeweled with ice crystals.



This magpie was hiding from his friends
in the bushes and strangely quiet.
I guess it did not want to share.


I heard chickadees everywhere but could not get a
photo until I was going home. I did not see any
jackrabbits despite looking, very rare for the park.
Not much to see, nothing very dramatic going on
but a lovely day for a walk.






"Where stars past the spruce copse mingle with fireflies
Or the dayscape flings a thousand tones of light back at the
     sun—
Be any one of the colours of an Earth lover;
Walk with me and sometimes cover your shadow with mine. "

Live With Me On Earth Under the Invisible Daylight Moon
Milton Acorn


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great walk and that magpie is really something!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Guy said...

Hi Gary

Thanks not as many birds as the Vermilon River but it is nice to be out and about.

Guy

Anonymous said...

Wow, isn't it strange how some days produce so many photos, and others you can't get one decent shot?

Julie G. said...

Guy, stunning winter photographs! Love the first shot with the brilliant red snow covered berries against the deep blue sky. All the images are quite beautiful, though. Cool magpie! I would love to see one someday. I hope you are able to figure out what is wrong with your camera. I used to have a Canon Rebel with the same lens and did not have your particular problem. A joy to view this lovely post!

Kathie Brown said...

What nice little snapshots you got in spite of your camera troubles! Mine has done that before also. Do you have the option to manual focus? Mine does. Also, I have tried taking the lens on and off or shutting the camera on and off sometimes and that seems to work. But, otherwise I think your camera or your lens needs a doctor!

Love the poem at the end!

Kathie Brown said...

By the way, it looks like you are making more friends here. That's nice!

Roy said...

Very colourful and artistic images Guy, thanks for posting these.

Guy said...

Hi Sandy

Yes I have never figured out why that is the case. I know that a nice blue sky is always a big help. I also find my mood is important if I am impatient I have no luck if I am mellow and willing to take a change I have better luck.

Thanks for stopping by.
Guy

Guy said...

Hi Julie

Thank you for your kind comments. I am sure I can get to the bottom of my camera problem, it is good to know you used a similar setup with no problems.

Regards
Guy

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

Yes I am very lucky to have so many comments from such great bloggers. I have used manual focus in the past but between my sloth like reflexes and mole like eyesight I do tend to rely autofocus. My I do sound a bit decrepit. I will go through my books this weekend and play around a bit, otherwise I will have to take it for a checkup. I do really want to thank you for all the support you have given to me with my blogs.

I am glad you liked the poem, the more I read Acorn the more striking I find his imagery

Regards
Guy

Guy said...

Hi Roy

Thanks for stopping by. I plan on sitting down this weekend and checking in on my favorite blogs and I am looking forward to seeing what you have been up to.

Regards
Guy