Monday, September 19, 2011

I had not be filling my birdbaths as much since
we filled the pond which is very popular with the
small birds. However within a few minutes of
cleaning it out a magpie had bathed and was
primping in the tree.

 



" Whose voices carry on the wind: they send
their rambling dactyls through the morning air
with the dark fret-and-flutter of wings,
a cry feathered between syllables,"

Bedrock
                    David Solway



"Sometimes I have the feeling that words lead a
private existence of their own, apart from us,
and that when we speak or write,
especially in moments of strong emotion,
we do little more than hitch a ride on some
obliging syllable or accommodating phrase. "

Poetry as Isotope:
The Hidden Life of Words

           Eric Ormsby


2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Wow, I love both of those quotes and I love seeing the magpie. As you know, we do not have them here on the east coast and I so miss them from when I lived out west! Thanks for all your visit to my blog and all the kind comments.

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

I am glad you enjoyed the quotes I suspected other poets might like them. And I always enjoy my visits to your blog the photos from the trip to the island are great.

All the best.
Guy