Sunday, June 7, 2020

Alaska Days



"When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, 
striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through 
space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, 
the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty"

                  from Travels in Alaska
                       by John Muir

In 2015 My wife and I took a round-trip cruise from Vancouver B.C. to Alaska with her mother. We decided that cruise culture was not for us, I likened it to going on vacation and not leaving the hotel. However the scenery was beautiful, and the staff unfailingly pleasant. So we were distressed when we observed how poorly the crews of the cruise ships were treated during the early stages of the pandemic. I think during this period of minimal travel that I will look back at some of the photos from that trip and remember some of those experiences. 


No comments: