Thursday, May 30, 2019

Trip to the cabin

"As I sit for a while after breakfast
reading a few pages
with a shadowing sense
that I am stealing the moment
from something else
that I ought to be doing
so the pleasure of stealing is part of it"

from Theft of Morning
W.S. Merwin







Our trip was good, the south is very dry however, before Kindersley we saw a white dust devil from one of the salt flats. It rained between Kindersley and Bigger which was a blessing, The young lady at the hotel told me it was the first rain they had had this spring after not much snow. The cabin came thru the winter in great shape, no mice got in. We have seen lots of ducks and I have been able to get some nice photos, a real contrast with last year when my cataracts were so bad. I have already found three ticks, one on Whateley and two on me so I will have to use lots of bug spray and keep after the grass. I am also getting a haircut.  

No comments: