Thursday, August 16, 2018

Aretha Franklin, 'the queen of soul', dies aged 76




Sometimes, sometimes I get a little worried, yes, I do
Sometimes . . . I get a little fearful about different things, yes, I do
But oh! Just as sure as the sun rises in the morning,
I know that everything . . .
If you don’t never do nothing about it, everything’s gonna be alright . . .
Some people, some people worry about whether they gonna wake up in the morning
Well, why don’t you close your eyes and see? Uh-huh.
Some people worry about if we’re gonna get over this bridge or that one
And haven’t even got to the bridge yet to see if we can walk across, oh, yeah . . .
Some people will worry, talking about, “I don’t know what I’m gonna do if something happens to my child.”
Well, ain’t nothing happened to your child yet. Wait and see.
Will you be able? Wait and see. Will you be able?
Don’t put worry on you before worry gets to you
I said that! Yes, I did.
. . . Oh, you gotta keep your arms around us. You gotta do that for us, Lord. Yeah, you gotta keep your arms of mercy all around us . . .
Don’t get worried before worry gets there. And everything—oh, you’d be surprised what big bridges you can meet when you get there.
Ain’t it so? Yes, it is . . .

from NewYorker Link
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/aretha-franklins-astonishing-dr-feelgood?mbid=nl_Daily%20081618&CNDID=40968212&utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20081618&utm_content=&spMailingID=14075899&spUserID=MTMzMTg0ODQ2ODY4S0&spJobID=1461484072&spReportId=MTQ2MTQ4NDA3MgS2

No comments: