Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Another Calgary Zoo Post

I studied Anthropology at University. My main interest
was Archaeology but a number of the areas interested me
including physical anthropology (focusing on bones), early man,
and Primatology. Strange the study of still living people was not
big on my list. I settled on Archaeology and worked in the field
for close to ten years it was during this time I meet my wife. I also
developed a real interest nature and isolated areas since field work 
often takes place in fairly rural areas.  Finally we both decided
to do something else and a friend suggested we consider becoming
Librarians (thanks Tim ).

But I still maintain my interest in the subject and for me the
fate of the great apes is one of the most potent symbols of man's
inability to nurture and share our world.


"When you realize the value of all life,
you dwell less on what is past and
concentrate more on the preservation
of the future."


                   Dian Fossey







"Only if we understand can we care.
Only if we care will we help.
Only if we help shall they be saved"
                                         Jane Goodall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the expressions are so neat!

Guy said...

Hi Sandy

I am glad you liked them. I have to say I noticed a real kinship but maybe that is just me.

All the best.

Guy