Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Well I bought a new lens.
A Canon 100-400 Zoom, Ouch
I immediately photographed the
most exotic bird in my yard.

I also discovered a new poet Lisel Mueller
thanks to Cate at Beyond The Fields We Know
see links.



"When I hear them call
in the morning, before
I am quite awake,
my bed is already traveling
the daily rainbow,
the arc toward evening;
and the birds, leading
their own discreet lives
of hunger and watchfulness,
are with me all the way,
always a little ahead of me
in the long-practiced manner
of unobtrusive guides."

(from)

Why I Need the Birds           
                Lisel Mueller

2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Lovely photos and poem. Congrats on the new camera!

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

Thanks I love my new lens but it will take a while to get used to it.

Regards
Guy